Dr. Lisa Stirling is a board certified dermatology with expertise in medical, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology. She has more than 10 years’ experience in clinical dermatology and 4 years’ experience in tele-dermatology. She enjoys caring for patients with complex skin conditions and uses multiple treatment modalities, including topical regimens, light therapy, laser, systemic medications, and biologics. She is specialized in treating patients with skin cancer, including melanoma. Dr. Stirling believes in compassionate care and a patient centered treatment approach, including life style strategies to improve outcomes and focusing on overall wellness.
Dr. Stirling earned her undergraduate degree in biology at St. Ben’s University in Minnesota, graduating with the distinction summa cum laude. She received her medical degree at the University of Minnesota Minneapolis and was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Honor Society. During medical school, she traveled to the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden to expand her knowledge of dermatology. She completed her dermatology residency at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. She earned a grant from the Women’s Dermatologic Society for preceptorships in pediatric dermatology and she was awarded with the top research award during residency. She has presented at medical conferences and is published in several peer-reviewed journals. Dr. Stirling is a fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology. She volunteers for the Skin Cancer Foundation, providing free skin cancer screenings for uninsured and underserved individuals.
All medical dermatology diseases, including acne, rosacea, contact dermatitis, skin discoloration, cellulitis, rashes, HSV, herpes, warts, ulcers, skin lesions, malignant neoplasms of the skin, nail issues, hair loss, skin aging, cold sores, sun damage or actinic keratoses, epidermal cysts, eczema, psoriasis, seborrheic keratosis or benign skin tumors, dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis or cradle cap, folliculitis, hives or urticaria, atopic dermatitis, tinea or tinea versicolor, fungal infections, cosmetic procedure follow-up, surgical procedure follow-up, inflammatory skin diseases, parasitic infections such as scabies or head lice.
Qualifications & Education
Nominated as Top Doctor in Encinitas, CA
Women’s Dermatologic Society Mentorship Award 2010
• Mentor: Dr. Bari Cunningham, Pediatric Dermatologist, San Diego, CA
South Beach Aesthetic Symposium
• Outstanding Achievement Award
Fellow of American Academy of Dermatology
Member of the AAD CME Task Force Committee 2011-2012
California Medical Licence A115720
American Board of Dermatology Certification 2011
USMLE Step 1 Score 271
USMLE Step 2 Clinical Knowledge Score 277
USMLE Step 2 Clinical Skills Score Pass
USMLE Step 3 Score 260
Resident Research Project: University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL
• Open-label pilot study of Lenalidomide as Adjuvant Treatment for Refractory
Cutaneous T cell Lymphoma
• Sponsored by Celegene Corporation
• Mentor: Dr. Francisco Kerdel
• L Stirling, RS Kirsner. August 2010. Evidence-based pemphigus treatment?
Journal of investigative dermatology; 130 (8): 1963.
• L Stirling, RS Kirsner. September 2010. Is your patient with neurofibromatosis likely
to develop a malignancy? Journal of investigative dermatology; 130 (9): 2160.
Poster Presentation at the Medical Dermatologic Society 2011
• LA Stirling, A Abuchar, M Vitiello, A Grant, FA Kerdel. Preliminary results of an
open-label pilot study of Lenalidomide (Revlimid) as adjuvant treatment for
refractory cutaneous T cell lymphoma.
Presentation at the American Academy of Dermatology
• LA Stirling, RH Johr, GW Elgart. March 2010. Meyerson Phenomenon.
• Gross and Microscopic Presentation Symposium
Poster Presentation at the Society of Dermatologic Surgery
• LA Stirling, S Mehta, PK Lee. October 2006. Treatment of Striae Distensae Using
Medical Student Research Project
• Atopic Dermatitis-like Skin Rash in Pediatric Heart Transplant Patients
• Mentor: Dr. Maria Hordinsky, University of Minnesota, Department of Dermatology,
Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
• Dermatology Rotation Abroad October-November 2006
American Academy of Dermatology
Women’s Dermatologic Society
Lectured for Dermatology Course for Second-year Medical Students
Camillus House Dermatology Clinic Volunteer
Florida Keys Health Fair Volunteer for Skin Cancer Screening
Trail and Road Running, Avid Reader, Mother and Military Wife
Years of Experience
Medical Dermatology and MOHS Surgery
Degree & Graduation
University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN
• Medical Doctorate, 2007
• Junior Member Alpha Omega Alpha
• Alpha Omega Alpha Scholarship
• Dean’s Letter of Commendation for Outstanding Academic Performance
• Martin C. And Jean M. Mata Scholarship
• Luigi Taddeini Scholarship
• Centennial Scholarship
• Hanold Scholarship
College of Saint Benedict/St. John’s University, Collegeville, MN
• Bachelor of Arts in Biology, 2003
• Graduated Summa cum Laude
• Delta Epsilon Sigma Honor Society
When she's not in practice, her interests include reading and trail and road running.