Yes! Our SkyMD® medical group is currently treating patients and their skin diseases in 50 US states, plus the District of Columbia. You don't need to schedule or book an appointment. SkyMD® is a virtual nationwide walk-in clinic staffed with board certified dermatologists, and you can see a dermatologist RIGHT NOW!
Select a US state to find a dermatologist near you.
Dermatologists near me in Menifee, California available for online consultation now
<p>June 2016 – June 2019: Dermatology Resident at Naval Medical Center San Diego<br />
December 2012 – June 2016: Department head Occupational Medicine at Naval Hospital Guam<br />
June 2012 – December 2012: Undersea Medical Officer Training at NUMI, Groton, CT.<br />
June 2011 – June 2012: Internship at NH Camp Pendleton<br />
August 2007 – May 2011: Uniformed Services University in Bethesda Maryland<br />
June 2004 - May 2005: University of Colorado at Boulder, CO BA in Human Physiology<br />
August 2000 - May 2004: University of Colorado at Boulder, CO BA in Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology</p>
Academic year 2018-2019: Chief resident
August 2013 – June2016: Occupational Medicine Department Head (3 divisions, 14 personnel)
August 2013 – Present: BLS/ACLS instructor
October 2005 - May 2007: Instructor for GRE and MCAT for Kaplan Test Preparations
May 2005 - August 2005: Non-tenured Chemistry professor at University of Colorado
He enjoys traveling, surfing and being with his family.
Dr. Ramin Fathi graduated from Illinois Wesleyan University in Bloomington, Illinois with a degree in Accounting. He then received his medical degree at Rush Medical College in Chicago, Illinois. He completed his transitional year internship at the Colorado Health Foundation in Denver, Colorado and his Dermatology residency at the University of Colorado Denver. He subsequently completed a fellowship in Micrographic surgery and dermatologic oncology at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas where he received advanced training in Mohs micrographic surgery and complex reconstructive surgery.
Dr. Fathi has written over 25 peer-reviewed scientific papers and book chapters and has spoken at national meetings. He is a member and has held committee positions in the American Academy of Dermatology and the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery. Dr. Fathi is board-certified by the American Board of Dermatology.
He looks forward to caring for patients in Arizona, California, and Texas on SkyMD.
When he is away from the office, Dr. Fathi enjoys staying active with golf, tennis, basketball and snowboarding. He also enjoys traveling and trying new cuisines. Recently married, Dr. Fathi and his wife are loving the newlywed life.
All medical dermatology diseases, including acne, rosacea, contact dermatitis, skin discoloration, cellulitis, rashes, HSV, herpes, warts, ulcers, skin lesions, malignant neoplasms of the skin, nail issues, hair loss, skin aging, cold sores, sun damage or actinic keratoses, epidermal cysts, eczema, psoriasis, seborrheic keratosis or benign skin tumors, dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis or cradle cap, folliculitis, hives or urticaria, atopic dermatitis, tinea or tinea versicolor, fungal infections, cosmetic procedure follow-up, surgical procedure follow-up, inflammatory skin diseases, parasitic infections, such as scabies or head lice.
Dr. Christopher Ugorji Rex is a dermatologist practicing in PHOENIX, AZ and Visalia CA. He was born in New Haven Connecticut , raised in Nigeria west Africa were he developed a strong commitment to God, family and service. While going to college he spent most of his breaks serving as a missionary in Liberia, Ghana, Ethiopia and Nigeria. It was on one of these mission trips that he found his calling to serve people around the world as a physician.
He completed his medical training at Albert Einstein College of Medicine NY and Dermatology residency at SUNY Downstate Medical Center NY. He is currently serving as a dermatologist in Arizona and California.
When he is not practicing dermatology:
- He runs a non-profit "Get Well Africa" with a friend from medical school
- He is a public speaker focused on empowering young boys, girls, men and women to attain lives of significance that impact their world
- He enjoys reading, traveling, playing scrabble and chess
- His wife is his queen and his two little boys his world.
"I look forward to serving you to the best of my ability". Dr Rex
As a dermatologist Dr Rex specializes in any condition affecting the skin, hair or nails such as Acne, Psoriasis, Warts, Skin cancers like Melanoma, Basal cells, Squamous cell, infections, atopic dermatitis, Herpes simplex and more. Dermatologists are also experts in more complex skin diseases like Lupus, Morphea and Bullous Pemphigoid.
Dr. Rex diagnoses skin problems and develops unique treatments plans for each individual patient.
Dermatology Residency - Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York
Internal Medicine Internship - St. Luke’s Bethlehem University Health Network, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Medical School - Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York,
Bachelor of Arts Degree - College of Mount Saint Vincent, Bronx, New York
Associates Degree - The King’s College, New York, New York
<p>7/2004-12/2008Wake Forest University School of Medicine Winston-Salem, NC<br />
Doctor of Medicine</p>
<p>6/2000-8/2003 University of Washington Seattle, WA<br />
B.A. in Spanish<br />
Seattle Foundation Scholarship – Full academic scholarship</p>
10/2020-PresentGeneral and Cosmetic Dermatologist San Diego, CA
Lanoi Medical Group, Poway Dermatology
7/2017-9/2020 Staff Dermatologist San Diego, CA
Assistant Department Head
General Dermatology Division Officer
Naval Medical Center San Diego
Lieutenant Commander in the U.S. Navy
9/2017-9/2020 Assistant Professor of Dermatology Bethesda, MD
Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences (USUHS)
7/2017-9/2020 Staff Dermatologist, Naval Medical Center San Diego San Diego, CA
Assistant Department Head
General Dermatology Division Officer
Provides expert dermatology consulting services for worldwide U.S. federal institutions, including the Military Health System, Veterans Affairs Medical Centers, and other federal agencies. Staffed 23 dermatology residents in the clinic, surgeries as well as cosmetic procedures. Gave numerous lectures to the residents, hosted journal clubs, dermatology Grand Rounds. Organized and lead the 2018 Navy’s San Diego Dermatology Society meeting. Director of CME for Dermatology Grand Rounds and awarded attendees with ACGME approved CME credit hours. Was the dermatology representative for thehospital’s Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee as well as the only physician on the hospital’s Data Quality Committee.
11/2016-PresentAssistant Professor of Dermatology, USUHS School of Medicine San Diego, CA
Clinical Instructor of Dermatology, USUHS School of Medicine
Supervise and educate dermatology residents, Transitional Year, Internal Medical and other residents from various specialties, medical students and Independent Duty Corpsmen (IDC) students. Provides dermatology care services for U.S. Military Health System patients.
5/2013-6/2014 Naval Flight Surgeon, VMM-166 Squadron San Diego, CA
Marine Corps Air Station Miramar
Served as Medical Department Head and only flight surgeon of a Marine Corps Osprey (M-22) squadron. Delivered quality medical care to over 550 Marine Corps squadron members. Actively practiced aerospace medicine, primary care, acute care, and preventive medicine. Position included 3 months of deployment workups as well as an eight (8) month deployment on a Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU) off the shores of the Middle East and Africa.
8/2010-5/2013 Naval Flight Surgeon, Naval Air Facility El Centro El Centro, CA
Clinic Department Head
Senior Medical Officer (SMO)
Served as the Flight Surgeon for the base as well as a general practioner for over 300 Active Duty service members and over 500 family members, as well as over 600 retirees that would come down to the base every winter for 6 months. Assisted in caring for the U.S. Navy Flight Demonstration Squadron (Blue Angles) when they trained at the Naval Air Facility El Centro for 3 months each year. Actively practiced aerospace medicine, primary care, acute care, and preventive medicine. Wrote a monthly medical article for the base’s newsletter “The Sandpaper”. Traveled monthly to attend the Senior Medical Officer meetings for the Director of Branch Clinics within the Naval Medical Center San Diego.
<p><b>Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH)</b><br />
• Fellowship in Laser & Cosmetic Dermatology 2019-2020<br />
<b>University of California, San Diego (UC San Diego)</b><br />
• Dermatology Residency 2016-2019<br />
• Master of Advanced Sciences in Clinical Research (M.A.S.) 2013-2014<br />
• Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) 2010-2015<br />
<b>UCLA – Olive View Medical Center</b><br />
• Internal medicine internship 2015-2016<br />
<b>University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)</b><br />
• Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Psychobiology (Summa Cum Laude) 2006-2010</p>
• Apex Dermatology, Westlake Village, CA – medical/cosmetic/surgical dermatology 2020-present
• Compass Dermatopathology, San Diego, CA – teledermatology 2020-present
• Dept. of Dermatology, MGH/Harvard Medical School – medical dermatology (moonlighting) 2019-2020
In his spare time, Dr. Vazirnia enjoys playing guitar and piano, trying new foods, as well as spending quality time with his family and friends.
2006 B.A., Sociology, Brown University Program in Liberal Medical Education, Providence, RI</p>
2011 M.D., Brown University, Warren Alpert School of Medicine, Providence, RI</p>
2011-2012 Intern, Internal Medicine, Albert Einstein School of Medicine, Beth Israel Medical Center, N.Y., NY<br />
2012-2013 Resident, Dermatology, Columbia University School of Physicians and Surgeons, St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Medical Center, N.Y., NY<br />
2013-2015 Resident, Dermatology, Icahn School of Medicine, Mt. Sinai St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Medical Center* Hospital university affiliation change due to hospital merger, N.Y., NY<br />
2015-2016 Fellow, Cutaneous Oncology and Mohs Micrographic Surgery, Mt. Sinai Beth Israel Medical Center, Fellowship director: Desiree Ratner, M.D., N.Y., NY</p>
Nov 2019-Present Mohs Surgeon, Advanced Dermatology, New York, NY
Sept 2019-Present Mohs Surgeon, The Clinic for Dermatology and Wellness, Medford, OR
Oct 2016-July 2019 Assistant Professor of Dermatology, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
Oct 2017-July 2019 Director of Cutaneous Surgery and Oncology, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
Jan 2018-July 2019 Assistant Program Director, Dermatology Residency Program, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine,
<p>University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN<br />
• Medical Doctorate, 2007<br />
• Junior Member Alpha Omega Alpha<br />
• Alpha Omega Alpha Scholarship<br />
• Dean’s Letter of Commendation for Outstanding Academic Performance<br />
• Martin C. And Jean M. Mata Scholarship<br />
• Luigi Taddeini Scholarship<br />
• Centennial Scholarship<br />
• Hanold Scholarship</p>
<p>College of Saint Benedict/St. John’s University, Collegeville, MN<br />
• Bachelor of Arts in Biology, 2003<br />
• Graduated Summa cum Laude<br />
• Delta Epsilon Sigma Honor Society</p>
Comprehensive Dermatology Group
• Board Certified Dermatologist
• Private Practice from 2011-2019 (current)
• Medical and Surgical Dermatology, including MOHs Surgery
• Cosmetic Dermatology, including Neurotoxins, Fillers, and Laser Procedures
• Mentor Physician Assistants
• Address: 781 Garden View Court, Suite 201, Encinitas, CA 92024
• Provide excellent patient care in a wide spectrum of areas
Jackson Memorial Hospital/University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL
• Dermatology Residency Program, Graduated 2011
• First Place Resident Research Award 2011
University of North Dakota, Meritcare Hospital, Fargo, ND
• Transitional Year Residency Program, 2007-2008
• Graduated Program with Certificate of Excellence
When she's not in practice, her interests include reading and trail and road running.
• B.S. Political Science / United States Naval Academy / MAY2001</p>
<p>Medical School:<br />
• M.D. / Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences / MAY2013</p>
• Transitional / Naval Medical Center San Diego / JUN2014</p>
• Dermatology / Naval Medical Center San Diego / JUN2019</p>
<p>Dermatology Residency Program<br />
University of Texas, San Antonio, Texas<br />
Co-chief resident 2016-2019<br />
Residency Program Transitional Year<br />
University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii 2015-2016<br />
Doctorate of Medicine<br />
Honors: Alpha Omega Alpha, GPA: 4.0<br />
School of Medicine, University of Texas, San Antonio 2011-2015<br />
Bachelor of Science, Biology<br />
Honors: cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Honors Program<br />
University of California, Los Angeles 2007-2010</p>
<p> Dermatology residency—West Virginia University, 1998-2001<br />
• The Residency Director, Rodney Kovach, MD, is a Mohs surgeon who trained<br />
under Fred Mohs. All dermatology residents received instruction in, and assisted<br />
with, Mohs surgery during the course of residency training.<br />
• Family Practice residency—Southern Illinois University, 1995-1998<br />
• Medical School—University of Missouri, Columbia, 1990-1995</p>
VA Black Hills Health Care System
• January 2018 to present
• Part time medical and surgical dermatology 4 days per month.
General Medical Dermatology--Regional Health Rapid City Hospital; Rapid City, South Dakota
• August 2016 to December 2018.
• Part time medical and surgical dermatology two days per week.
Dermatologist and Mohs surgeon--Chadron Community Hospital; Chadron, Nebraska
• February 2016 to present
• Part time general medical dermatology and Mohs surgery. Three days of clinic and one day of surgical procedures per month.
Dermatologist and Mohs surgeon—California Skin Institute; Modesto, California
• Blake Alexander, MD, PC acquired by California Skin Institute (CSI) in December 2014.
• Employed as dermatologist and Mohs surgeon December 2014 to July of 2016
• In August 2015 relocated from Modesto to Rapid City, SD. Continued to provide Mohs coverage for the practice by operating one week a month. Average case load of 40 patients over 5 days.
• Address: 1101 Standiford Ave. STE A-3 Phone: (209)578-5072 Fax: (209)578- 5072
Solo Practice—Blake Alexander, MD, PC; Modesto, California
• January 2010 to December 2014
• Focus of practice was surgical treatment of skin cancer via Mohs surgery and other available treatment modalities
• Performed 1216 excisions with tissue processed in our onsite lab via frozen section to ensure clear surgical margins (fresh tissue Mohs technique and vertical tissue processing)
• Surgical defects managed utilizing random pattern flaps, skin grafts, primary closure, and secondary intention healing.
• Address: 1101 Standiford Ave. STE A-3 Phone: (209)578-5072 Fax: (209)578-
Mohs Surgeon—McHenry Medical Group; Modesto, California
• Member of 18 physician multispecialty group from July 2007 to December 2009
• Performed 670 surgeries requiring frozen sections (inclusive of cases processed as fresh tissue Mohs technique as well as standard frozen section for margin control, i.e., vertical tissue processing)
• Surgical defects managed utilizing random pattern flaps, skin grafts, primary closure, and secondary intention healing
• General medical dermatology patients also seen while building surgical practice.
• Left the organization due to high group overhead in favor of solo practice.
• Address: 1541 Florida Ave. Phone: (209) 577-3388
Solo Practice—Blake Alexander, MD, LLC; Pocatello, Idaho
• Solo Practice in Pocatello, Idaho from July 2001 to June 2007
• Focus of practice was General dermatology and Moh’s surgery
• General dermatology three days per week
• Moh’s surgery one day per week including repairs and reconstructions
• Other services offered included V-beam, Smoothbeam, and Iridex KTP lasers, Narrow-band UVB and PUVA, digital dermoscopy and mole mapping.
• Average patient load of 40-50 per day on clinic days
• Surgery days averaged 3 Moh’s cases (including repairs) in the morning and 4-6 simple excisions, etc. in the afternoon
• Address: 500 S. 11th Ave. STE 203 Pocatello, ID 83201 Phone: (208)233-4455
When Dr. Alexander isn't practicing medicine, his interests include diving, fishing, archery, tennis, boating, and golf.
<p>San Diego State University <br />
Masters of Public Health (MPH), 2012 <br />
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, F. Edward Hebert School of Medicine Doctor of Medicine (MD), 1998 <br />
Western New England College <br />
Masters of Business Administration (MBA), 1991 <br />
University of Denver <br />
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, 1987 </p>
Specialty: Family Practice - Re-certification Date: 2014; Expiration Date: 2024
Specialty: Preventive Medicine - Certification Date: 2013; Expiration Date: 2023
Sub-Specialty: Clinical Informatics - Certification Date: 2018; Expiration Date: 2028
<LI><B>LANOI MEDICAL GROUP</B> - Feb 2020 to present
Medical Director, Primary Care - In charge of setting-up clinic, management of providers in clinic, and care of patients. Responsible for ensuring clinic set-up for primary care providers, to include testing equipment, patient documentation, and basic supplies. Involved in hiring of clinic providers and staff to ensure quality of care optimized.
<LI><B>ARCH HEALTH MEDICAL GROUP</B> - Dec 2018 to Feb 2020
Family Physician - seeing patients from ages 3 years and up for acute, chronic, and preventative medical issues; managing their care as a primary care provider. Assisted with care of empanelment of provider out for several months due to medical issues. Also, managed population from clinic that was without a provider for three months.
<LI><B>UNITED STATES AIR FORCE</B> - Jan 1988 to Jun 2018
Preventive Medicine Physician / Medical Informaticist - July 2010 to June 2018
August 2014 to June 2018: Head, Deployment Health Research Department, Military Population Health Directorate, Naval Health Research Center. Supervised staff of 50 MD’s, PhD’s, and researchers with a budget over $9.3M. Studies within the department include the Millennium Cohort Study, the Millennium Cohort Family Study, the Birth and Infant Health Research Program, and the Recruit Assessment Program. Annually, had 12-15 published studies & 20-25 study presentations and national level meetings.
• Maintained credentials at Naval Medical Center San Diego, San Diego, CA and worked 8-10 hours per month in clinic
• Reviewed all publications and presentations from studies within the department; responsible for quality of work
• Integral team member that helped to develop the organizational short- and long-terms strategic goals
• Selected by Commander to lead review of research program looking at psychological stresses for those working aboard Naval ships; team composed of Subject Matter Experts from around the DoD
• Responsible for ensuring that data used by department is stored and utilized according to HIPPA, Dept of the Navy, DoD, and other federal regulations
July 2012 to July 2014: Readiness Branch Chief, Health Care Informatics Division, Air Force Medical Support Agency. Managed branch of 80 employees with budget over $9.8M. Responsible for the improvement and maintenance of key USAF databases used by over 16k users involved in the medical care and readiness of USAF members.
• Maintained credentials at Wilford Hall Ambulatory Surgical Center, JBSA Lackland, TX; worked 8-20 hours per month in urgent care clinic
• Medical Director for ASIMS, WebHA and ICDB/CHAS; responsible for providing expert medical oversight for these databases
• Managed the updates to USAF medical databases for the implementation of ICD-10 including the design, testing and release of associated software changes mandated by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) initiative.
• Initiated the AF Web Health Assessment Working Group, a web based questionnaire designed to ensure the health of the Air Force members is maintained; membership included various subject matter experts from within the USAF; reviewed requests for new questions to ensure appropriate and actionable
• Co-authored two papers that described the development of decision support system ontologies to improve outcome of patient care. Both papers accepted and presented at the American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) annual conferences in 2012 and 2013.
Family Physician - July 2001 to June 2010
Nine years of direct clinical experience with the majority of this tenure spent as the Medical Director for assigned USAF Clinics. Responsibilities included mentoring all providers in military and medical protocols, and advising the Commander on required medical knowledge as needed to make effective decisions for the clinic. Worked in multiple international environments to include Tokyo, Japan; Doha, Qatar; and Iraq.
• Saw and managed medical care for patients ranging from 6 months to 65 years of age; coordinated care with specialty clinics on an as needed basis
• In Japan, managed four clinics which were composed of 15 providers and all ancillary staff running the facilities including nurses, medical technicians, and administrative staff
• Member of Executive Committee of the Medical Staff, Credentials Committee, and Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee
• Medical Director and Deputy Chief of Staff for 20 provider clinic, ensuring that providers trained on new policies/procedures, specifically those designed to improve quality of care, and followed-up with metrics to show compliance
Unfortunately, no. We only hire the best dermatologists, and we make sure they are board-certified. Our doctors care very much about doing a great job for the patients they support, but SkyMD does have to pay them too!
It depends. Your insurance plan controls the answer to this question, and you should check with them. You may have to go through your primary care doctor, but we are happy to receive a referral from your PCP to treat you, or we can check with your insurance beforehand on your behalf. Just send us a message through the platform or from the SkyMD home page, and ask us to help.
Pricing varies by the method of payment. We accept a ton of different insurances, so your price may be limited to just your co-pay, or you can bypass using your insurance and pay with a credit card. For cash/credit patients, our price is $89, before coupons or discounts get applied. We have a very sophisticated price quote tool that is free to use, and you can choose which way you want to pay for our services.
No waiting! Assuming you upload photos of your skin problem, you can use the platform immediately, and we will start working on your case right away. We try to greet every patient within minutes, and our doctors usually start working on your case within an hour, but sometimes they do need to sleep on things, and they may not fully diagnose you or share their thoughts until the next day. We do not want to rush them, as some cases are more complicated than others.
Just click on the See A Doctor button to initiate the process. Think of us as a typical medical office. It's super easy to walk-in without an appointment. Our front office staff are available 24x7, and can answer any questions you have. SkyMD is self-service, in that you fill out the online forms about your medical history and tell us what's going on with your skin. You can upload as many photos as you want, or request a video conference appointment. After you submit your case, our doctors will take a look and be back in contact with you from inside the secure platform.